The new year has arrived, and with that, the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources has released an updated version of the Ontario Fishing Regulations. For most Fishery Management Zones, regulations will remain the same, however, there are changes worth noting in several FMZs.
Changes to the regulations for particular zones can be viewed here:
- Fisheries Management Zone 6 (PDF, 2.1 mb)
- Fisheries Management Zone 10 (PDF, 2.8 mb)
- Fisheries Management Zone 17 (PDF, 3.5 mb)
- Fisheries Management Zone 18 (PDF, 260 kb)
- Highlights of New Provincial Regulations (PDF, 2.0 mb)
The summary of the 2010 Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources can be found on the MNR Website.
Don’t forget to renew your Ontario Fishing License. Licenses expire at the end of each year (December 31st) regardless of when they were purchased in the year. 3 year licenses are a little different. Check your outdoors card, the sticker on the back will tell you what year it is good for, and the expiry date on the front of the card will tell you when to renew your card.
You can renew your outdoors card online, or at some tackles shops and kiosks throughout Ontario.